ADA Advisory Committee

                                                                  Meeting Minutes

                                                               December 7,  2000

                                                  5:15 p.m., Mendenhall Valley Library

I.          Roll Call

Members Present:         Robert Gregovich, Earl Clark, Cheryl Hull, Matt Kemp, Lolus Westbrooks, Rita Bowen, Beau Kelly

Members Absent:         Pamela Mueller-Guy, Ken Dean

Staff Present:                John Kern, Transit Manager

Others Present: None

The meeting was called to order at 5:15 p.m. at the Mendenhall Valley Library by Hull, Chair.  A quorum was present. 

II          Public Participation on Non-agenda Items:        None

III.       Approval of Agenda:    Approved unanimously.

IV.       Approval of Minutes - November 2, 2000 approved unanimously.

V.        New Business

A.        Term Limits of Membership - Hull presents a letter sent to McEwen with comments on term limits and discusses background.

VI.       Old Business

A.        Proclamations for Signing -

B.         Taxi Cab Operations - tabled, Dean is not present.

C.        Shoveling Driveways - Hull met with Gastineau Human Services’ Greg Pease.  GHS is willing to again provide the service and Hull will try to publicize the service.

D.        Subcommittee Reports

1.         Recognition Meeting - the Committee decides to contact Donna Pierce to schedule presentation for the first Assembly meeting in February.

2.         Education Committee - Gregovich reports on the work with the school district.  It is decided that the Committee will follow up with the district in January.

Kelly reports on attempts to get a Capital Chat.  The Committee discuses strategies for getting on the program.  Kern suggest sending a letter and follow up with a call.

3.         TTY Phones - Hull discusses contact with the State of Alaska regarding TTY phones on the State of Alaska Ferries.

VII.      Chair Report - Hull reports that she has had a busy month.  Committee members were polled regarding the Term Limits Proposal.  Met with GHS on snow shoveling program for person’s the disabilities.

VIII.     Agenda Items for Next Meeting

Recognition Ideas

Information on Cruiseship Passenger Fund Committee

IX.       Adjournment - This regular meeting was adjourned at 6:15 p.m.  The next meeting will be January 4, 2001.  New meeting time is 5:30 p.m.