Docks and Harbors Menu
Welcome to Juneau!
When approaching Juneau, Alaska's capital city, look starboard and spot
the landmark ruins of the A.J. (Alaska-Juneau) Gold Mine on the side of the mountain. As you travel up
Gastineau Channel towards Juneau, you will see the Juneau-Douglas bridge
(66.4 feet on a 0.0 tide), a graph at the base of the bridge measures the current height.
When leaving Juneau, exit south, down Gastineau Channel. The shallow
channel crosses the Mendenhall Bar north of Aurora Harbor, connecting to Auke Bay (Fritz Cove), goes dry daily at tides less than 10 feet. It is marked during the summer, and may
be used by small craft during extreme high tides, but it is not recommended.
RV Parking Information
- Savikko Park: (907) 586-5255 Docks and Harbors manages five (5) RV parking sites at Savikko Park. Contact the Harbormaster's office at 586-5255 for a parking permit. Parking is $10.00 per day.
Public Harbors: All public slips are assigned by the Harbormaster -- (907) 586-5255 or VHF 16.
- Douglas Harbor: (907) 586-5255 This moorage facility is located across from Juneau on Douglas Island.
- Intermediate Vessel Float: (907) 586-5720 Located in downtown Juneau, this site provides 800' of assigned moorage. Potable water,
as well as 30 and 50 amp power is available. This is a very busy moorage used for
short stays. Moorage space is now assigned, so call ahead to get a spot.
- Harris Harbor: (907) 586-5255 Limited moorage is available at this near downtown location when permanent tenants
leave thier slips for extended periods. The Harbor Master will direct you to this location on a first-come, first-served
- Aurora Harbor: (907) 586-5255 Located north of Harris Harbor. There is no transient moorage allowed in this harbor.
- Statter Harbor/Auke Bay: (907) 789-0819 This moorage facility is located 12 miles to the north of Juneau. The harbor is connected
to town by road. Be prepared for the harbormaster to send you here if space is at a premium downtown. The Don
D. Statter Harbor facility provides 6,000' of transient moorage for boats up to 200' in
length. Moorage is on a first-come, first-served basis. Register at the Harbormaster's office
(located at the head of the floats) to get current rules and regulations for transient moorage. Starting in May 2013 this facility will have two floats of assigned moorage. Look for signs prohibiting transient vessels on these floats.
The code for transient vessel length of stay allows for 10 days maximum moorage. Please speak with the office staff if you plan to stay longer then 10 days so you can learn how to avoid a citation. Water, showers, and pump-out are available. Showers and carts are found at the Harbor Office. Office hours from May-Sept 30th are from 8 am - 4:30 pm, closed 1 hour for lunch.
- Amalga Harbor: (907) 789-0819 This facility located 24 miles north of Juneau has no moorage but is a popular boat launch.
- Taku Harbor: (907) 586-5255 This remote harbor is located 22 miles south of downtown Juneau. There is a boarding float but no other services at this site.
- Echo Cove : (907) 789-0819 This facility is located 40 miles north of Juneau and is the end of the road. It serves as CBJ's northernmost harbor and boat launch facility. There is no moorage or boarding float but it does have pit toilets.
Private Fuel Docks and Marinas : These marinas offer a variety of services to boaters but do not offer transient moorage.
UNOCAL Dock: (907) 586-1276
Just south of downtown, this fuel dock offers gas, diesel 1 and 2, and lubricating oils.
Tesoro Dock: (907) 586-2402
This fuel dock is located downtown, next to Aurora Harbor. Gas and diesel are available.
Petro Marine Fuel Dock: (907) 586-4400
Located directly across the channel from the Harris Harbor, this dock offers diesel
1 and 2, unleaded gas, and all Chevron lubricants.
Petro Marine Fuel at Auke Bay: (907) 790-3030 This facility is currently under construction and will reopen May 2013.
Seadrome Marina: (907) 463-8811 Located downtown,
the Seadrome provides 560' of moorage. Potable water, 30 and 50
amp power, fuel, and shoreside services available for hire. Call
ahead for reservations.
Fisherman's Bend: (907) 789-7312
Also situated in Auke Bay, this marina has gas, diesel and does repairs.
Donohue's Marina (Tee Harbor): (907) 789-7851
18 miles north of Juneau, "Tee Harbor", as thelocals call it,
has a private harbor for anchoring. There is both gas and diesel available at